Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rolling Over

I was finally able to get a video of Josephine rolling over! She's also able to lay on her tummy and lift her head and chest off the ground! It's hard to capture that on video when I'm alone so I'll have to get Josh to help me. I took Josephine to a breastfeeding store here in Lubbock where they have a scale. I was surprised to see she's now tipping the scales at 13 lbs 10 oz!!! She was wearing a diaper and a onesie though so I guess those would account for a few ounces at least! Joshua, Josephine, and I went to visit his Aunt and Uncle in Oklahoma last week and we also attended the wedding of one of his college buddies. Unfortunately I think Josephine was having some teething discomfort so she was a less than pleasant companion at times:) But a little Tylenol and Orajel go a long way! I know, I know, she's too young to be teething! But it looks like she has some nubs on her bottom gums and she drools and chews her hands non-stop! Below are a few pictures from our trip.


In the pool with Daddy
Josephine and Big Grandma (Josh's Grandma)

Best looking couple at the wedding!


Josephine rolling over




3 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah! She can roll over!

I do have friends whose kids did have teeth by 4 months! It certainly can happen. They all get teeth on their own schedule.

I hope she feels better soon!

Elizabeth said...

So cute! Good job Josephine!

Heather said...

So very cute! I love her fat man smile in the previous post. Madelyn was an early teether and had her first tooth or two at four months. Madelyn would always wake up a lot at night when she was teething ... my absolute lifesaver was all natural teething tablets that dissolve in their mouth. They are hard to find, so you may have to ask the pharmacist where they are if you want to check them out. They seemed to provide almost instant relief and then the Tylenol provided more long-term relief. Good luck! She's a doll!