Josephine had her one year checkup at the beginning of May. It was a pretty standard visit. She weighed 22 pounds 4 oz and was 31 inches tall!! She got to see the pediatrician and impress her with all the tricks she knows like walking, waving, tickling! Then she got to see the nurse and, well, you all know what the nurse does. SHOTS!! I was expecting a lot of drama now that Josephine is older and more aware of everything but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! She cried while she received her 4 shots!! But Mommy had a secret weapon....goldfish crackers!! She cheered right up when she was given her snack cup filled with yummy goldfish crackers! Thank you Pepperidge Farms for making shot day a little better!
She also had her first "major illness" a few weeks later. She woke up from up a nap with a 103 degree fever. I don't think I had ever even checked her temperature before! I quickly realized the need for something other than a rectal thermometer;) Well after a few days of fever, tylenol, motrin, and a trip to our pediatrican we discovered she had....viral pharyngitis...in other words a sore throat. She was a troooper through the whole ordeal and Mommy had just a TINY taste of what having a sick baby is like. Thank you God for a healthy child!
No comments:
Post a Comment