Sunday, February 6, 2011

Iowa house

***Lots of new posts so keep scrolling down****

Picture of Lillian taken today. She is already 4 and 1/2 months old!

Good Morning!





Pictures of our house in Iowa. Pardon the mess! All the big things and all the necessary things are in place but I am still trying to get organized. I made a lot of progress this weekend. My goal for this week is to get all the little odds and ends put away. Then we have to tackle the basement.....which is where all the boxes with unimportant stuff got stashed. That should be fun!


I really like our house. One of my favorite things, especially after our Lubbock house, is all the windows! We get so much natural light, no more feeling like I live in a dungeon! It's nice to have a little more space too. Our bedoom is on the main floor and then we have 3 bedrooms upstairs!
Josh just finished his first week on the new job. He's like a different person without all the stress from recruiting duty! He thinks he is really going to enjoy this job!
The girls and I made it through our first week alone since Thanksgiving! It is nice to just be home and to be able to stick to a routine. This week we're going to do some exploring. I'm looking into starting Josephine in a tumbling or dance class.

Enjoy the pictures!


Our house



The snow looks so high from the streets being cleared. There's really only a few inches in our yard.
The sidewalk

Kitchen and playroom





View of kitchen from breakfast nook which we made the playroom. I wasn't sure how I would like having the playroom here vs in the dining room but it seems to be working out really well so far.



View of living room from kitchen/playroom


Dining room. We are saving up for a larger dining room table.


Master bedroom













2 comments:

Cristina said...

The house looks great! I'm definately envious of all of the light...we are still in a bit of a cave ourselves! I'm so glad you guys are finally settling down into a routine again, we can't wait to visit and ruin it! :)

Shawn said...

Looks like you have more room. Exterior looks very nice too!