Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Stroller and such...


We got our new double stroller this past week. Josephine tried it out first in a few strolls through the house. We've also met my friend Caroline and her son James for a few walks and let Josephine and James ride in the stroller together. So far I really like it. It is really easy to push and steer and has a lot of great features!
Sorry for the weird lighting, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Ready to go!

Last night we decided to let Josephine sit at the table with us like a big girl. I was a little worried at first that it might turn out to be a disaster but it worked out well! I think her booster tray was just too small for her to fit everything on and things were ending up on the floor...ugh! As you can see she had plenty of room at the table to spread out and her sippy cup didn't land on the floor once!
Goofing off...that's a skirt on her head! She got it out of her drawer and brought it to me so I put it on her head. She immediately went to the big mirror in our room to check herself out :)

Josephine's new morning routine: Wake up, mommy or daddy comes in her room, she immediately points to her video monitor (we turn it off when not in use), then she points to her night light (we unplug it during the day), then she points to her noise machine (we turn it off). Once all that's taken care of it is pretty much straight to the kitchen for cheerios and milk then to the living room for some TV. She doesn't generally just sit and watch, she's too much of a busy body but I thought this was too cute!
She is really becoming more independent just in the past few weeks! About a month ago she gradually stopped wanting to nurse after her daytime naps. Then about a week and a half ago she just gave up morning nursing for the milk and cheerios. Now she's just nursing at bedtime for about 5 minutes! I'm truly amazed! I never thought she would want to quit! I'll be curious to see what happens once Lillian is here. She's also given up some of her other habits such as twirling my hair when she's nursing. It's hard to believe how quickly she's changing into a little girl!



No comments: