Lillian arrived on September 24, 2010 at 7:20 am weighing 8 lbs even and measuring 19 inches long. It is a birthday that Lillian and I now share. That's right, she was born on my birthday! At least she had the decency to be born early so we could relax and enjoy the rest of the day!
Our first week at home was a little rough as Josephine had caught a bug that was going around and was extremely fussy. And it seemed she wanted absolutely nothing to do with her Mommy which crushed me (I think those new Mommy hormones had something to do with that!) However, as my wise sister, Elizabeth, predicted she was back to normal once things settled down and loves to hang all over Mommy. She has been a great big sister and really loves to talk to Lillian, point out Lillian's features (nose, hair, eyes, toes), always checks to make sure Mommy didn't forget to put Lillian in the car, tell her good morning and good night. She even wants to share her raspberry applesauce with Lillian. Yikes!
Lillian has been a sweet baby. She has been very easygoing so far for which I'm grateful. I've felt great (physically) pretty much from the day she was born. Not to imply I haven't felt great emotionally, but as all you Mommies of more than one kiddo know it's a BIG adjustment!! Lillian is a beautiful baby and I definitely think her name suits her. She does remind me of a sweet little flower. She had her 2 week checkup this past Monday and she was 8lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches long. Way to go Lillian!!
This is not Lillian:) This is Josephine with her hair in pig tails....for about 5 minutes.
2 comments:
Congratulations!! I loved the pictures, and I'm so happy you are feeling so good. It was much easier physically the second time around. If only the adjustment for everyone was as quick! :)
Very cute! I loved the comparison photos of the girls! I really wish we could come visit...tomorrow!! We will have to try to figure something out for the holidays.
Post a Comment