Saturday, May 14, 2011

Big Girl Beds

Josephine moved to her big girl bed just after her 2nd birthday. It was a surprisingly smooth transition. She was definitely getting a little big for the crib and enjoys the extra room and comfy mattress. I thought we would really have trouble with her getting out of bed and getting into things she shouldn't. It's been almost 2 months and she still doesn't even try to get out of bed before I come to get her. She has some books on her nightstand and she just sits in bed and "reads" them until I come get her. The best part is that now the crib is available for Lillian:)
***UPDATE***Not kidding, THE morning after I posted this Josephine decided to get out of her bed, turn off her white noise, and would have done who knows what had I not come upstairs. The trend has continued...the other morning she even went into Lillian's room, thankfully Lillian was already awake!
Lillian has been sleeping in the pack'n play and/or crib at night for about 1 1/2 months. I really enjoyed the time she spent sleeping in our bed but I could tell she needed her own space. And I'm enjoying being able to rollover anytime I want:) For the past few weeks she's only been taking one nap a day. It's funny because Josephine only just went to 1 nap a day a few months ago and sometimes still sneaks in a cat nap in the morning. Lillian has been taking one 3 hour nap from about 11:30-2:30 (except of course while my parents were here!). She is doing so much now but I'll do a separate 9 month post for her.

**note to self...started this post in May but didn't finish until June 14 so adjust accordingly for the above time frames




2 comments:

Kate said...

That's great that she likes her new big girl bed! Nathan just started sleeping all through the night in his crib. He's been doing that for about two weeks now. It's nice to not have to wake up at all.

Shawn said...

Getting out of her bed? Oh, now the fun begins...