Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You Know You're A Mother When...

I saw this online and thought it was cute. I just picked a few off the list.
You Know You're A Mother When...by Liane Kupferberg Carter
1. You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.
2. You have time to shave only one leg at a time.
3. You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
4. Your kid throws up and you catch it.
7. You've mastered the art of placing large quantities of pancakes and eggs on a plate without anything touching.
13. You find yourself cutting your husband's sandwiches into cute shapes.
14. You can't bear to give away baby clothes - it's so final.
16. You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.
17. You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease.
18. You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night checking on the kids.
And my favorite:
20. You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job" but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything.

Something else I read online today that brought perspective:
I don't remember it word for word but the general idea was when you're getting frustrated with your little one focus on the future. Focus on the relationship you want to have with your child in the future and remember that you're building it day by day. Whether she is 4 weeks old or 4 years old there will be times that I want to yell out of frustration. But I need to remember that I am setting the example and creating our relationship....good or bad. I'm sure there will still be times I lose my temper but I plan to make that the exception and not the rule.

One last thought. It's called Children Learn What They Live. If you want to read it click on the link: http://www.empowermentresources.com/info2/childrenlearn-long_version.html

And some random photos for fun:)



Our dogs, Cole and Kramer.


Josephine conked out after nursing. Sorry I uploaded the picture
twice and couldn't figure out how to remove it.













2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So cute! I can't wait to see her in person.

Kate said...

I love you! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures!