Friday, March 25, 2011

Josephine 23 months

Josephine is 23 months old today. I always intend to include all the new things she's doing but it's SO hard to remember all of them! So here is a laundry list of things that come to mind!

-she is saying or at least trying new words everyday. Two new words today were snow (we had snow this morning) and box.
-other words she started saying recently: no-ooo (lol), uh-huh, boobie (that's where Lillian's milk comes from), poopie, pee pee, mommy (instead of ma ma), daddy (instead of da da), granny, ball, thanks, blue
-she is putting two words together
-loves to do the hand gestures to "Wheels on the Bus" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and several songs from Barney
-is much more adventurous with her climbing. She can climb up the big chairs at our dining room table. She does forward rolls of our ottoman. Getting closer and closer to being able to climb out of her crib. She can hang off the parallel bar at gymnastics.
-still eats a good variety of foods. She is especially fond of condiments. If Daddy is putting it on his food then Josephine wants some too--she's even eaten Frank's Red Hot!
-she is really kind to Lillian. She loves to hold her. She is always so happy to see her in the morning and if I come to get Josephine without Lillian Jo says "baby night night." Josephine is usually first to hear Lillian cry when Lil wakes up from a nap. Jo will put her hand to her ear and say "baby" and runs to get her.
-she likes to talk on the phone, whether for real or pretend.
-she has started to "nurse" her babydoll, and Barney doll, and Elmo doll. I think it's kind of cute!
-she is pretty much down to one nap a day now but there are still some days where she'll doze off for a little while in the morning. I've been trying to limit our weekly outings to gymnastics and one other playdate plus grocery day. We still sneak in shorter outings, whether to play with Andrew (our backyard neighbor) or a quick trip to a store. I think she was getting over tired when I planned playdates or outings every day. She's still sleeping 12-13 hours at night.
-she knows the colors blue, red, green, yellow, and orange.
-she knows the letters A, B, and C
-she is officially enrolled in pre-school for one day a week starting this fall. The place we go to for gymnastics offers a pre-school for ages 2 and up. She will go one day a week for an hour and a half. She will get to do a craft and get time to play in the gym. I think Mommy will have time to get groceries with just one kiddo again...it's the little things:)
-she is on the road to being potty trained again. At home she wears big girl panties except for naps and bedtime. When we go out I put her in a pull up. I still bring her potty and she generally goes in it before we leave the house, when we get where we're going, and when we get back in the car but after a few trips where we had accidents and I'm trying to get her changed and handle Lillian in a public restroom I decided we'll just use a pull up for now. At home, she rarely has an accident, pulls her own panties down, and even empties her own potty. I'm really proud of her!

I know this is a long post but since we're so far away from EVERYONE I wanted to try to give a good idea of what Josephine's doing these days. I do have some videos to put on but had trouble uploading today so will try again soon.

This picture pretty much sums her up. She is just plain fun!

What could be better?

1 comment:

Shawn said...

How sweet! I can see Josephine really loving gymnastics and her preschool class- She seems to love physical play!