Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saving Money!

As some of you may know I've been clipping coupons for the past month and have been able to save a decent chunk of change! I headed to Walgreen's today after planning out my purchases with the coupons I had and here are my results. If you click on the photos you can view the larger version where the items and receipts are easier to see. But to sum it up, I got everything on the table (plus a gallon of milk that was in the fridge, it's listed on the receipt on the right) for a total of $22.18. I saved $70.39 on this purchase!! I actually might have saved another $1.50 because the toilet paper was on sale for $1 off but I forgot to show the cashier the coupon and I had a 50 cent coupon for the milk but left it at home..bummer! Check out the receipt on the right!! I got all that stuff for $1.32!!! And for those of you who are unfamiliar with Walgreen's the coupon above the receipts is called a register reward. They print when you purchase certain items and they are like cash...you can use them on your next purchase at Walgreen's! I love it!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You've got me thinking and researching...I think I may have to give it a try.

Shawn said...

Way to go! I just don't have the patience.

Kate said...

I'm giving it a try. I've been gathering my coupons.